This historic school was founded in 1923, as an independent Christian School and nurtures young minds from early learning through year 12.
The rejuvenation of the Carey Baptist Grammar School Chapel was a turning point for Barefoot.
The Barefoot design aspect had to encapsulate the historic elements of the 100+ year old Baptist Chapel whilst delivering a native themed landscape and aligning furnishings and surfaces to compliment the Chapel facade.
The corner stone is an actual stone!
A 6 tonne boulder that took a crane lift to locate and centre and holds the William Carey memorial plaque, sits pride of place at the entryway, reminding every visitor of the significance of this beautiful old place of worship.